Here at Nappy Shoppe we sell Sloomb Cubes in store only. We are often asked how to use these cubes. Katie Jones, our resident wool addict, tells us her method of using a Sloomb Cube.
A Sloomb cube is lanolizing made simple. It is a wonderful and quick lanolizing cube for your wool, perfect for emulsifying your solid lanolin, and highly moisturizing for your skin.
Made with: 100% pure pharmaceutical grade lanolin, organic glycerine soap (certified organic by the Soil Association of the UK), pure EO or FO.
Made without: animal testing, preservatives, alcohol, harsh drying ingredients, artificial colors, phthalates, and of course SLS free.
Katies Sure Fire Sloomb Cube LANO system!
- Run warm water in sink, hold a bar of wool wash under water to make water milky.
- Soak wool inside out in water, squeeze the wool gently, do not wring to twist. Let soak for 10 minutes while you get your lanolin ready.
- Cut a 1/8th of an inch of Sloomb cube and a teaspoon (more or less, personal preference) in measuring cup, poor boiling water and stir until milky white.
- Drain water in sink, squeeze wool. If you want you can stick it in washer for low spin only cycle.
- Poor lanolin water into sink or bucket and add warm water, keep the water at a close temp to your wool to prevent shocking it. Sometimes when the lanolin mixture is poured into the sink, the lanolin milk will “curdle”. This is simply the lanolin reacting to the cold of the sink and this is normal. You can take these “curdles” and rub them into the wet zone for extra lanolin where it is needed.
- Squeeze water out of wool and roll in a towel to get excess water out or do another low spin only cycle.
- Air dry only. Dry your wool inside out. Dry your wool FLAT. Katie uses a baby gate over a box to dry her wool.
Store your cube on a wooden soap deck.